Friday, January 5, 2007

Arch-bridezilla Michael


A new year always brings new goals, and humbly I shall conform to this tradition as well. I base my new goal on a fulfilled, but denied, goal I achieved last year.

After spending a year attempting to prove my qualifications for the position of "Husband to be", to a potential employer, I realized too late that said company had not yet prepared itself for growth in that area. The interview process, while demanding and stressful, did allow confirmation of the positive matrimonial traits I currently possess, as well as highlighting those areas where further study and certification, is required. At the closing of that, I must assume I was just overqualified for said position (and should have possibly asked for a lower starting salary, as well as waiting to apply when a position was actually open), and continue to pray for blessings for all involved.

This brings me to my new , but similar, goal of 2007.

The one thing any Husband candidate truly needs to be before even thinking about applying for this sought after position, is to be a loving bride to our beloved Bridegroom. The realization of my own lacking in this area, as well as leanings to almost idolatry during the above mentioned year long interview, has shaped my year 2007 goal into that of making myself the best possible bride.
Our heavenly Bridegroom of course deserves only the best, shedding and offering His own blood so that we can have the graces to be just that. Being the best to me means everyday trying to become the person we were meant to be, while knowing that only passing glimpses of that future perfected person are to be seen in this mortal, and flabby, coil.

While He knows "everything I ever did"(John 4:39), His promise is to make us "new creations" by His abundant graces, which are new every morning. Daily prayer, daily Mass, and daily examination of conscience; are but a few of the tools afforded us in this effort. Being a servant and taking this wisdom, grace, and love to others; also being a desirable trait in a bride.


Before I again consider a career change, me thinks it best for me and my future employer, that I focus more energy on the job I was (re) born into, that being the bride of Christ.


"Come Lord Jesus, come"

No comments: