Saturday, February 14, 2009

If it ain't You

.
"Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby"

This absolutely beautiful acoustic version of this absolutely beautiful tune has become kind of a tri-fold litmus test for the real "L" word in my silly little life. If I first both feel and know (spirit and truth) that the words of this tune align with my heart and mind for the person who makes me do the googly eyes, than it may be love . . . or well mannered lust (that's where discernment and prayer comes in). Secondly of course is that the person who has to endure my sappiness, also pictures moi when hearing this tune.

Lastly, I know that if I am not daily singing the words "if I ain't got You" to the One who made me, loves me, died for me; than how can I possibly sing that to a chickee. If I am not daily renewing myself in the fountain of His perfect love, I shouldn't be splashing around in the imperfect world of dating and courtship.


So this evening my date will be my stepmom, who is missing her love terribly (
as I miss my dad too). Also, as I love to give flowers, me thinks I will give our Lady a bouquet of white roses today as I continue to ask her to continue to lead me to her Son.
.

No comments: