Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prayers please

.
I have been, until now, rather silent about the not so great events surrounding my life at present, but thought it best to ask the blogosphere to please take a moment to say a prayer for my family.

My father is in the late stages of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), as well as suffering from Alzheimer's. My poor stepmom, who has been trying to do a lot of the care giving (we have just started home hospice), is now herself suffering from pneumonia (they will hopefully celebrate their 2nd wedding anniversary in April). My sister who normally lives with them, has Downs Syndrome, and is temporarily living with my other sister (who has enough on her plate, as she has two teenagers), until we can set up a permanent room in my humble lil' house.

Please , please mention us in your prayers, that the Peace that surpasses all understanding would flood our lives, lending us the grace and wisdom to help and support each other through a stressful and sad time.

Thanks and God bless,
mike

3 comments:

Athos said...

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, D'art. My g-father died of ALS, my aunt, and my father-in-law. Dastardly disease. He, you, and your loved ones are in my intentions.

D'artagnan said...

Thanks brother Athos

David Nybakke said...

Dear D'artagnan, I just returned from a mini-retreat and saw your prayer request. My wife and I will lift you and your family up in our daily prayers.