Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ya don't know what ya got until . . .

.
In many ways I am happy to be back in my beloved Baltimore, where in general folks are a little nicer, a little less pretentious, and a little less "me" focused than in our National Swamp (although the DC-ites are moving here in force, $20 martinis in hand). Granted, Washington must be aware of it's spiritual deficit (or the faithful are aware of how easy it is to get caught up in the rampant materialism and status), as it sure was a lot easier to find a Bible Study or Adoration chapel down there than I am finding up here in Bawlmer, hon.

I've posted in the past of my own, almost selfish, need to spend time before the Blessed Sacrament, and the blessing of how transformed I feel after just a few hours sitting in silence with our Lord. In my new neighborhood, Father Patrick (who runs three churches without benefit of another priest) barely has time for daily matters, so we only have a short weekday Adoration time. Searching the neighboring parishes, I seem to be finding much of the same, with a one hour gap here, or a first Friday devotion there; but no regularly evening scheduled time for us silly working folk. Last night I even went to my old, wonderful parish, but the sound of Ice crashing as it slid off the roof made me anxious about my one hour plus drive home, so I rested not. I am guessing I am gonna have to make a bit of parishioner noise if I am going to get a bit of spiritual silence (O:

So, if any of the D'artagnon minion have ideas on how to go about getting a weekly Adoration time, or has had to do similar, please give a shout. . . .and if ya happen to have Perpetual Adoration at your church, and ain't going , I can only say "wanna trade homes" (O:
.

No comments: