Monday, January 26, 2009

Prayers

My family was told last week that my father only had maybe a few more weeks left with us. He sleeps most of the day, and consumes very little food or water. He is looking more and more like the pictures you see of Holocaust survivors.

Yesterday as I opened the door to that little rowhouse I grew up in, thinking again I would find him in his usual slumber, I was so wonderfully shocked to see my dad sitting up and with a grin say "whattaya know Mike?" I felt like dancing, but just let out a "thank you God".

A little holiday from the illness, and soon he will fall back into that slumber, and than too soon (at least for me) his sleep with our loving Father, but I just wanted to let ya all know how much your prayers are helping (keep'em coming), how happy I was for just a few minutes of time with my pop, and I just want to say thank you from me and my family. God bless you!

Praise Jesus!

mike
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry, sitting here at my computer. Amazing miracle! Praise Him!

Will keep the prayers coming for your dad, and the rest of your family.

BTW, Jan. 29 is the one-year anniversary of my losing my mom. My dad, sister, aunt, and I miss her every day!

D'artagnan said...

I miss her too, although I still picture her chatting it up with my mom.
I also always remember to thank God for answering our prayers that she would get to meet CK.
God is soooo good!

Anonymous said...

Yes, God did answer our prayers that Mom would meet my first son (I snuck him in to see her several times between two weeks old and four months old. First meeting, she mouthed the words, "He's adorable," and smiled in spite of the tubes in her mouth, nose, and trach).

That's so cool to picture my mom talking with yer mom. The two of them are no doubt remarking how "adorable" my second son, David, is, too. #:)