Thursday, September 17, 2009

In Christ's Peace

.
I remember listening to this tune when my friend John left us, and again when my mother fell asleep a few months later.

"I write clever words on paper
I sometimes think i dont belive at all
I've never felt so fake
so false
I'm such a liar
I couldnt even look him in the eyes"

Since, I have added the face of my father, a friend's mother and child, my aunt, another friend's brother, my boss's father, etc., when I hear this song. Today, I add my friend Ralph to these images in my brain that this song paints, leading me to pray for all mentioned.
.


"It made me feel so empty
collapsing on some dirty bathroom floor
and isn't it just like me to mourn his passing breath
when he will never suffer anymore

and i sing of faith but his was true and fierce
and I will miss him

the angels wings will cover you tonight
Hallelujah
press your head against the breast of Christ
Hallelujah"

May the souls of the faithful departed Rest in Peace
.

No comments: