Sunday, October 25, 2009

Believing is seeing

.
In today's reading a blind man, Bartimaeus, is rebuked by fellow members of the crowd who were also waiting outside Jericho to meet Jesus.

I wondered who I most represented in this story.
Was I the blind man painfully aware of my need for Christ, or am I more like the crowd who tried to silence him out of embarrassment for upsetting their fragile status quo?

Who are you in this story? Are you aware of your blindness and not ashamed to admit that, or are you a person quick to silence a friend speaking the Truth so that no one might realize you are one of those "Christians"?

Is there a person in your life who could "see" if only you weren't rebuking them with your silence? Who could be healed if only you helped raise their hand to touch His garmet?

Jesus said to him in reply,
"
What do you want me to do for you?"
The blind man replied to him,
"Master, I want to see."

Jesus told him,
"
Go your way; your faith has saved you."
Immediately he received his sight
and followed him on the way.

.

No comments: