Saturday, August 26, 2017

Offering it up ain't always easy

        .
I whined about my notso great day yesterday when I should have been lifting up that suffering and appreciating the good I saw.

One of my favorite club members got to ring the Last Day Bell, and his whole family came to watch. I am actually gonna miss seeing him, but yet so happy I won't and glad he's home and starting the recovery (even after treatment the effects can last a month or more, and one woman told me her taste took a year to return . . . 'course I said "I'm from Balwmer, so I aint never had any taste (O: )

Then before I left Hopkins, after being their for 8 hours, I met a quiet couple about my age, the women looking pretty worn down, and I while I usually chat folks up I left them alone. When the wife went to the rest room I just starting a chat with the husband about where they are from and thank God it's the weekend.
He talked for a while and I even saw him smile a little, but then he told me that they said he will soon be losing his wife of 24 years. I merely said I was truly sorry. His wife came back and they left, with my horrific day put very much into perspective.

While I of course immediately started to pray for them, I didn't tell them I would, I was too worried about offending them that I didn't say that simple little phrase I normal spout "
"if you don't mind, I will be praying for you"

and I hope some of you will take a knee for them now.

If you pray for me, be it a prayer that I will be His light as much as possible when I am there . . .I can suffer, I can go through all this crap, but I just need help is the strength to stop being a whiny lil' wimp and instead carry that Love that I have so undeservedly been giving to everyone I meet.
thanks and God bless!
.
 

No comments: