Saturday, March 13, 2010

following Jesus

.
I only recently found out, although was not too surprised, that the late great Rich Mullins had taken RCIA and was walking towards Rome. Here is a quote from that time

"A lot of the stuff which I thought was so different between Protestants and Catholics [was] not, but at the end of going through an RCIA [Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults] course, I also realized that there are some real and significant differences. I'm not sure which side of the issues I come down on. My openness to Catholicism was very scary to me because, when you grow up in a church where they don't even put up a cross, many things were foreign to me. I went to an older Protestant gentleman that I've respected for years and years, and I asked him, "When does faithfulness to Jesus call us to lay aside our biases and when does it call us to stand beside them?"
His answer to me was that it is not about being Catholic or Protestant. It is about being faithful to Jesus. The issue is not about which church you go to, it is about following Jesus where He leads you
".


2 comments:

stephanie said...

wow, that's exciting! i'm so sorry he died, and esp. just before fully joining the Church.

stephanie said...

great Catholic song choice, btw. #:)