Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas

.
"Almighty and eternal God, behold, I approach the Sacrament of Thine only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ...as one who is sick to the physician of life...unclean to the fountain of mercy... blind to the light of eternal brightness, as one poor and needy to the Lord of heaven and earth.

Therefore I beseech Thee, of Thine infinite goodness, to heal my sickness, wash away my filth, enlighten my blindness, enrich my poverty, and to clothe my nakedness, that I may receive the Bread of Angels, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords with such reverence and humility...contrition and devotion...purity and faith...purpose and intention, as may conduce to the salvation of my soul."

Tom O'Toole has a nice article on this prayer, at his blog Fighting Irish Thomas
.

No comments: