Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy are the Half-empty

I recently joked with someone that the glass isn't always half full, sometimes it's completely empty and ya need a refill (O:

On my little Rosary walk this evening, as I perused my new hood, I realized that I was actually speaking prophesy (small"p" prophesy, but me thinks prophetic none the less), in that the realization that if someone always sees the glass half-full they will most likely never stop to think of the One who poured out the liquid in the first place, which is why He often has ta put a little whole in our stagnant cup to get us to fix the leak, and than ask for a fresh refill (which He so wishes to give).

I have always been a glass half empty kind of guy (actually, me thinks that is actually the nature of the male human provider mentality, but that diatribe is for another post, or after I have half emptied a few amber ales at the pub), and it is this very 1/2 emptiness that God's grace has given me eyes to see, that would eventually lead me to my Brother Jesus, and the Living Water He so gracefully died to give me....and you.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit:
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
"
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Introspective and oh so true! Thanks for sharing your Rosary walk realization!