Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two Hands

.
As we extended hands during the sign of Peace this morning, I realized that these hands of mine are gifts I have been given for that very reason - to extend Peace - His Peace.

Two Hands?

This hand I reach for the poor enslaved by poverty, as my other hand reaches for the rich enslaved by their materialism.

One hand is extended to my Catholic family, and the other to my ever splintering Protestant brethren.

Do I use my stronger hand to reach for the unbeliever, or save that for my fellow Christians?

Do I also remember that while one hand can reach for those in need, the other must also reach towards the One who reveals my need for Him?

One hand reaches to bless, and the other holds onto the One from who it truly comes.
.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

neat thoughts.

so where was the photo taken?