Thursday, July 2, 2009

Desire to Succeed

"Success is 99% Failure"
Soichiro Honda
founder of Honda Motor Company

A key component that every successful business person seems to have, is that knowledge that they could, and should, be doing more. As I travel around listening to many of my shops bemoan the state of the economy, it seems the owners of the successful ones only want to talk about how they are adapting (and how my company can help).

Success is truly based on not dwelling on either your successes or failures, but learning from both (looking at Honda's quote above, and remember how gawd awlful ugly early Hondas were, and how they are now . . . don't see them tin cupping the pres, do ya?).

The odd thing is that while just about everyone will agree with the above statement, most people also fall for the great lie that they are "basically a good person and worthy of heaven".

Read the lives of the saints and I dare you to find even one that considered them self ready for heaven, or ever thought "well I can stop now, I think I'm basically holy enough, and God has to admit I am way better than old so and so".

So D'art's rule o the day:
"If you think you're good enough for heaven, ya probably ain't!"

"Therefore, since we are surrounded
by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders
and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance
the race marked out for us."
Hebrews 12:1

.

No comments: