Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Someone Who Is Cool . . .other than me, of course

"I'm the Coffee, not the Sleep"

Found this on youtube, and had to post it. This tune was recently resurrected for the theme song to the short lived CBS show "Love Monkey" (Ed in the music biz). With the quirky kinda lyrics that only tundra trekking hockey fans can write, and power chords so crunchy that they leave crumbs under your speakers , me thinks you'll dig it too (and may be an apt substitute for your morning brew).

The Odds rawk!,although sadly only on CD, as the broke up last century.

Not a Christian band, but the tune ranks with one JPMs (Jesus per minutes), that CCM stations use to decide if a song is "christian" enough.

"close but kind of meatless
like actors who play Jesus
in movies of the week"

Youtube is my friend, and I have found tons o' pop vids that I will inflict upon you all in the future (Material Issue, Zumpano, Cavedogs...) Be Afraid, be very afraid (O:

mike

No comments: