Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thank God for Flat Tires

Praise God! At about 11 am yesterday my 2004 Ford Freestar mini-van, "the chick magnet", had a rather extreme blow out, after I bumped a curb exiting the highway at 45mph while trying to decide if I wanted Heavy Christian rawk, or really Heavy Christian rawk.

Again I say , Praise God!


You are now thinking something marvelous happened because of this (if you are a guy, than you are assuming a Cine-max scenario where the bus with the Swedish Swimsuit Team, stops to give me assistance....shame on you!.....and I don't know what scenario a woman might pick, as I am male,and therefore haven't a clue what women think).

Is the Musical Monk happy because he lost a whole day of work?, or that he had the luxury of watching "Your Mother stole my transvestite boy/girlfriend" on Jerry Springer while in the Tire shop ?, or maybe the privilege of shelling out 120 smackers to replace a tire that was only a year old? All these are of course valid excuses to break out in song and dance, but not what I am most thankful.

I am thankful that I managed to pull into a parking lot, I had a cell phone to call AAA, that there was a lil' cafe with a restroom while I waited for AAA, that my spare had air, and that all this did not happen ON the highway !

I am most thankful that the Creator of the Universe was with me the whole time, and that the Holy Spirit reminded me once again how truly blessed I am in all things!

from JURY DUTY ,by the O.C. SupertoneS

"Cuz every single moment,
whether sleeping or awake
Is Your creation
And what You've made is good!
I don't always thank for you
for the rough days
and the hard times in my life
even though I should"

May we all be so blessed,
Mike

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've had similar things happen, when I realize how blessed I am in the face of what seems like a bad-day maker. God's blessings to you to recognize His work that surrounds us!

S:)