Sunday, January 3, 2010

Saved from . . .

.
While it is more than a year from when we called off the wedding, the hurt and pain can still sneak up and surprise me with a few tears, even on a lovely day like today.

As all things work for the good of those that love God, listening to this song reminded me that while I hoped to be in a Reuben and Sue marriage (God first), the one God saved us from was more like the typical DC marriage of Rothchild and Evelyn ("stuff" first, with an occasional nod to God).

I know at my age, and with my current medical conditions, it is doubtful I will ever to get my "dream job", that of husband, but God used this song to remind me of something far worse than never being married, that of being separated from Him, which could possibly end in our being part of the Great Divorce.



"This here's a song about two sets of Joneses
Just for discussion, through random selection
We've chosen two couples who haven't a clue

Rothchild was lucky to marry so wealthy
Evelyn bought him a house on the beach
Reuben and Sue had nothing but Jesus
And each night they would pray
that He'd care for them each"



No comments: