Friday, February 6, 2009

Chapter One

July 3 , 1934 - Febuary 3, 2009

"now at last they were beginning
Chapter One of the Great Story
which no one on earth has read:
which goes on for ever:
in which every chapter
is better than the one before".
The Last Battle - C.S. Lewis

"And in the end,
the end is Oceans and oceans
Of love and love again
We'll see how the tears that have fallen
Were caught in the palms
Of the Giver of love and the Lover of all
And we'll look back on these tears as old tales
Because, After the Last tear falls there is Love"
After the Last Tear Falls - Andrew Peterson
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the quote from Lewis. What a beautiful way to think about your dad's journey now.

I'm going to print out the quote so that I can be sure to keep it, to read when I'm missing my mom or my baby so much that it hurts.

Thanks, D'art!

D'artagnan said...

I read it as part for my part of the service. Seems I was the only one who felt strong enough to say anything, so I read my own lil' memorial, and anything others had written . . . how far God has carried this silly boy who hated being around people.

Anonymous said...

You said it, D'art! In Him you are a new creation!

Seeing the photo of your dad you posted here, I did a doubletake -- you look a lot like he!