Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Quote, Sunday Suit

While I do try to attend Mass daily, and always dress appropriate, it is on Sundays where I generally break out a jacket and tie. The first reason is, of course, that it is one small way to show my love and respect for our Lord and for His church.

(and if my looking dapper might catch the eye of a nice, preferably single, Catholic woman, so be it :O)
.
Another reason, especially as I walk several blocks to mass, is that the very fact that I am wearing a tie as I pass others in sweats (or even PJs?) says quite loudly that I am going to church. This may not say much to those who dislike or even hate religion, but to those raised in the church, or who consider themselves to be "Christian", it may be just the little nudge they need to get'em coming back on a regular basis.


."Going to church doesn't make you a Christian
but not going to church
doesn't make you a Christian for long"
.
.

No comments: