Saturday, August 8, 2009

Even followers get lost sometime

.

.
I must confess that my nightly prayer over the past year has more often been the selfish "please let me not wake tomorrow", than "your will be done", so I found this lil' tune of betrayal and sadness rather fitting today.

Thankfully, I have been blessed with the ability to use St Ignatius' exercises in my musical listening, and was lead to view this song as the soundtrack to our Lord's passion, and as if He were singing it to us. The difference being that He could have ended it anytime - but in His love and mercy - somehow - thought this worthless blogger - worth His life.

"To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life"

Thanks be to God, for good days and bad
.

No comments: