Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Beneath the Cross

....Oh, how I wish I woulda had my camera yesterday. Upon entering the beautiful grounds of the the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception / Catholic University, I spot the six foot wooden cross that has been on the quad since the Easter season began. Sitting rather comfortably under the cross was a young seminarian reading over some papers (term paper, letter from a friend, ?) and getting some sun. The word "comfortable" struck me, as I pondered how wonderful it would be if we all felt that need to sit beneath the cross, and share our thoughts , joys, worrys, of the day, with the One who loves us most.

When I left Mass, I noticed our young friend leaving too, but couldn't talk with him, because he zoomed by me rather quickly on his skateboard. For the life of me, I can't remember if it's the Dominicans or the Franciscans, that utilize Skateboarding in their daily meditations (O:

No comments: