Monday, May 28, 2007

Non Dating Tip #72 : No "L"s in Ikea

.
If, like me, you are not dating, or are even perhaps an "un-date-able" (I may fit that description as well); than under no circumstance are you to go to an Ikea . . .especially on the weekend.

I made this drastic error yesterday, and was surrounded by "happy loving couples" and young families, who's main purpose in being there, it seemed, was to help hi lite the big "L" on my forehead. Everywhere I turned there was this cute little pair of happiness, list in hand, as they planned this part of their life together . . .ugh!

If, by some chance, I did spy someone alone (I seemed to notice the attractive women . . .go figure?), it was only a matter of counting down from 10, until partner arrived . . .doh!

I am actually surprised there isn't a silent "single person" alarm, so that customer service can be alerted, and have us quietly removed (There is a similar alarm when entering DC, but it goes off only if any one tries to bring in an original thought . . .I think we bought it from Hollywood).

I don't know if it's just that it's Spring, or that lately very attractive woman having been flirting with me (also because it's Spring), or that this is a testing of my "one year"of discerning, or that God has finally said "enough Michael, get thee a wife!" . . .but whatever, I have felt the desire to go on a date, with my Ikea adventure seeming to amplify that in me.

Also affecting my present state of longing for a wife and family, is my recent purchase of the CD "Lovers" by the husband and wife team known as Rich Creamy Paint. Originally a solo project, Rich and Mindy Painter chose to make beautiful lo-fi music together, and became a duet after their marriage (is that redundant?). The tracks on "Lovers" are filled with lyrics of the God given love these two kids have for each other. Songs that immediately put a smile on yer face, until the dawning realization that you yourself may never again experience that form of love, and out comes a Dashboard Confessional disc (O:

There is no doubt that I love God, am in love with God, or that I only wish to serve God . . .it is just the "how" I am having problems with (as in alone or solo . . .and yes, I know I'm never alone). Is my vocation married life?, my past seems to holler "no", but only a fool listens to their past, the wise man seeks out God (and I did play a Wise man in a Nativity story in 7th grade). Being that Spring is one of the possibilities for my present mood, me thinks, in either event, it behooves me to wait until at least Summer (yes, I just wrote "behooves").

I did notice that at least all the "L"s also had the pointing fingering aiming towards heaven, so God bless us losers in the arena rock of love .Matt 16:25

Anyhow, please say a prayer for me, that I will hear and carry out His perfect will for my life.
thanks, D'art
.

6 comments:

sadako said...

hey mike, I suppose by now you know that im one of your number 1 fan as evident to my frequent lurking here lol. anyhow I can't help myself wonder in awe how God make this mysterious connection with people without even knowing each other from atom.

You see my recent post, (before I came here today via feedreader)also tackles the same vein as yours. strange or what? nah maybe just a coincidence? though the approach and genereal storyline differs, but it is somewhat similar bro... haveing a family and discerning for married or religious life. If you have time you can check it out and see for yourself the parallelism (On my post "Boys Dont Cry").

looking forward for more of your posts bro.

God Bless!

Warren said...

Is Rich Painter related to John Mark Painter of the other famous indy alt-rockin couple, Fleming and John?

Warren

Warren said...

Oh and check out my blog for more on that LOSER vibe.

Repeat after me: I am not a loser, I just look like one. :-)

+W+

D'artagnan said...

Yep, JMP is his uncle, and helped out on both albums.
I wrote an earlier post about his first disc here.
http://themusicalmonk.blogspot.com/2007/03/one-dollar-musical-value-meal.html

D'artagnan said...

I actually look like a "winner", than I go and open my mouth and . . .(O:

Just came back from a little walk with God, and I mentioned your name. He's a big fan!

D'artagnan said...

"Boys Don't Cry", but Real Men do!
there actually is a wonderful tune by Christian power-popsters The Elms called "Real Men Cry", for the first time you made me wonder if the wrote in as kinda an answer to the Smiths?