Tuesday, May 8, 2007

What time is it?

.
Jet lag is a wonderful thing . . .NOT!

For the next few days I will not have the slightest idea what time it is, nor will I likely retain any info customers decide to share with me (that goes for friends as well).

I actually came home a bit early, as my boss did not inform me until Friday evening, his plan to drop us off in Rome for two days, without a guide, vehicle, or scheduled place to stay. For me that was a little much to ask, so I took any earlier flight to avoid the increase confusion of cluelessly bumbling around Roma with my overstuffed bags. I also have to get to confession today, as I blatantly lied to boss man, saying I didn't feel well instead of the truth of the extreme anxiety of the above mentioned situation was causing me. Of course, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I did not really want to go on this trip, so my only worry was that of disappointing my employer, but thankfully we had finished the business part of the trip by this time.

I generally prefer to be as painfully truthful as possible, as pre-Christian me was quite the little liar, but more in the Big Fish vain, than out of acts of deception . . .I was just good at making up stories, as us Irish are prone to . Regardless, I now follow the Truth, and must strive to always be truthful.

My choice to exaggerate my nervous stomach (the anxiety mixed with jet lag and large quantities of Italian food, did actually make me a bit ill), was based on the fact that employers generally understand about physical ailments, but that stress or anxiety tends to send up red flags that might hinder career advancement (granted, I am hoping God might call me into another line of work by years end).

Anyhow, I confess to you my brothers and sisters that I have lied, and now must get to my parish for proper reconciliation.

Peace,
wwmm
.

No comments: