Thursday, May 31, 2007

Michael to the Principal's Office

.
Yes, as a lad, I spent more time in the Principal's office than the man himself, so much that he even let me redecorate to my tastes, which is where my design career first got it's start.

Last night I had one of those panicked bits of nostalgia, when Monsignor Mosley came up to me in church during Adoration, and asked me to call him at the rectory the next day. I quietly agreed, and of course went through the mental list of what he might want.

"Michael, we changed our mind, the Protestants can have you back"

"Michael, a good Catholic would never wear that tie with those slacks"

"Do you hafta listen to P.O.D. as you drive up to the church?"

"Mike, we put money into the basket, we don't make change from it"

"You hung out with Dawn Eden, and didn't call me?"

and the list goes on, because when you combine my over caffeinated imagination with an Al Gorey paranoia, you can easily arrive at something more fantastically distorted than a Michael Moore "reality" flick.

Kidding aside, as I am very excited that they may have use for this silly wannabe monk somewhere in the church. Whether it be helping with the Teen group, Alter service, or cleaning the bathroons; if I am serving my church, than I am serving my King . . .and what more could anyone ask?

"Go in Peace, to Love and to Serve!"

2 comments:

David Nybakke said...

Love it. Aramis here, sidekick to Athos and envious of the 2 of you getting a chance to visit with Dawn in person. The more I read her blog the more she helps to unveil the awesome aspect of Christian conversion.

Must admit this is my first visit to your great blog. I like what I see and will be visiting often. Keep the faith and keep smiling.
Peace, Aramis of the 3 Massketeers

D'artagnan said...

Thanks,

This weekend end I plan to spend some time going through the Massketeers blog, as well of those of the other wonderful folks I met the other night.

I truly saw Christ in the eyes of the beautiful group of people Miss Dawn got together,

Cheers to her, and blessings to us all!