Thursday, May 24, 2007

O.K., the amazing Jars o' Clay are not really, as of yet, playing at my friend's wedding, but I just thought I'd have a lil' fun. Ya gotta admit, they do kinda look like they just came off a successful wedding/junior prom/Bar Mitzvah tour (O:

I have written the band, in hopes of getting at least the singer to stop by the wedding. I am the Best Man, and I wanna do something reallllly special! (my friend is computer phobic, so he doesn't read my blog, or I wouldn't a mentioned it). I almost had them sing the wonderful "Fly Farther", as I proposed to the lovely redhead from last year, as we attended a Jars performance the evening of the day I bought the ring.
"He said "I pray I'm not alone,
In my dreams about forever."
That you and I could become one
And always be together
We'd grow old and wise, through all the days
For worse or for better
And I'll be true, cause I love you
Even now, more than ever

And my, time flies
But we'll fly farther
Into the night where the eyes of loneliness can never bother
All our dreams of together, uneclipsed by never never
And my, time flies, it's in your eyes
But we'll fly farther"

Oh well, I still prefer my original way of proposing marriage,
in a hot air balloon ride,
high above the clouds
. . . so if the lady, for whatever reason, says "no",
than over the side she goes (O:
. . .um, just kiddin' on that,
as I'm way too cheap to pay for a balloon ride.
.

No comments: