Monday, July 16, 2007

St. Augustine


“Let us sing alleluia here on earth, while we still live in anxiety so that we may sing it one day in heaven in full security. God’s praises are sung both there and here. But here they are sung in anxiety, there in security; here they are sung by those destined to die, there by those destined to live forever; here they are sung in hope, there in hope’s fulfillment; here they are sung by wayfarers, there by those living in their own country.

So then let us sing now, not in order to enjoy a life of leisure, but in order to lighten our labors.”

"You should sing as wayfarers do sing,

but continue your journey sing then,

but keep going."
.

2 comments:

Fireflywishes said...

I really love your humor and style. Especially the music you mention. I am a big Contemporary Christian fan myself. I looked at the list you have of songs, and added a few to my Download Soon List. :) I also saw you had Lovedrug Ghost By Your Side on the list - I LOVE that song! I also like all the quotes and poetry you have here. I was wondering if you mind if I provide a link to your blog on my blog, so I can refer back to it easily and for anyone who visits my site?

I'm a Christian who is converting to Catholicism. :)

D'artagnan said...

thanks and link away.

Yeah Lovedrug are an awesome band, but I like almost everything on the Militia label.

Are you in RCIA?
God Bless