Monday, August 6, 2007

Making sense of making tents

.
Today's reading on the Transfiguration, from Luke's gospel, had me focusing on Peter's suggestion of making tents "one for You (Jesus), one for Moses, and one for Elijah". The suggestion, while almost comical, does show Peter's own transformation into a fully trusting servant. Before the Resurrection, Peter often questioned Jesus about the situations he was cast into, but now he humbly just goes with the flow, accepting this incredible event before him without even blinking an eye.
“Master, it is good that we are here"

While I see myself as a follower of Christ, I know I am far more like the early Peter who walked with Jesus, while at the same time always suggesting other, possibly safer, routes. I pray that I will one day be like the transformed Peter, who only seeks to serve, and in that service, brings glory to the only One any of us can trust completely with the course of our life.

No comments: