Friday, August 3, 2007

Off to the Mount

As I'll be harassing my customers in Gettysburg today,I will be passing by Mt. St. Mary's on the way home. The golden statue of Mary that appears to rise out of the hills, which can be seen for miles, is something I passed for years before discovering the Grotto one trip.

Along with a full replica of Lourdes (where they also sometimes have Mass), there is also an outside Rosary walk, as well as the Stations of the Cross. Schedule permitting, I try to spend at least 30 minutes or so of quiet time here, before heading back to that fabled swamp of the pretentious and self absorbed, known as Washington, DC.

There is also a great little market near Thurmont, where ya can get, among other Amish delicacies, homemade pumpkin butter (mmmmmm!)

No comments: