Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Night that Elvis died

Wendy Under the Stars - The Odds

I found this song was fitting for the 30th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, granted that on the CD version of this tune, the wording "making love" is replaced by the "f'ing" term. While I would not recommend that version, I have to admit that in reality the offensive term is closer to the truth of the selfishness of unmarried coupling.

"I thought I loved her but I didn't know how
I don't love her when I see her now"

I was just telling a friend the other day how silly the term "Making Love" is in relation to sex outside of marriage, as in reality what each person is doing, given that it is a mortal sin, is offering the other Hell. . . .and I am rather sure, that ain't love.

Anyhoo, some of my best childhood memories, are of me and my dad watching Elvis movies together . . .and even now, I still enjoy most of them .
.

No comments: