Friday, August 17, 2007

Unique Eunuch

"Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so;
some, because they were made so by others;
some, because they have renounced marriage
for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven.
Whoever can accept this ought to accept it.”
Matthew 19:12

I will be honest, and say that I personally don't really wish today, to accept Christ's words from today's reading . . .but that doesn't mean I won't. Only God knows my purpose on this Earth, just as I know that His will is the only reason to be alive. Just because I desire marriage does not mean that I will suddenly be Ward Cleaver, any more than my desiring a Porshe will suddenly transform my CRV into a convertible. I also know that just because I wasn't possibly designed for marriage, doesn't make me better or worse than my other brothers and sisters who pass by me with their families.

Would I be a good Priest or other religious?
Would I be a good husband and father?
The only thing that matters, and the very thing that would make either true, is if daily I ask
"Am I a good follower of Christ?".

No comments: