Friday, March 9, 2007

All about perspective

"The good Lord let me know she's alright, He brings her back to visit every so often and I'm thankful for that,"

A quote from Minnie Smith, mother and caregiver of Christa Lilly, after her daughter slipped back into the vegetative state she has been in and out of since November of 2000. The full story can be found here.

Oh, if only I, we, would look at even the small disappointments in our life, with the same spirit of joy and thankfulness that this mother has voiced. . . .what a wonderfilled world it would be.

Dear God, thank you for every breathe, every beat of my heart, and every trial which you would have me face. I will always try to say "Jesus I trust in you!"

Let us all say a prayer of thanks for wherever God has us, as well as prayers for the mother, daughter, and family in the above story.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read this story in the New York Times this morning I had the same thoughts you did. I am trying to live today as gratefully as I can.

peace
Frater

D'artagnan said...

...and tomorrow...and the next day...and the next day

if only it were as easy to do, as it is to write.

mike

Anonymous said...

How true...

I just got back from leading Stations of the Cross. Leading them was easy, it was talking to a few people afterwards who are in pain from carrying their own crosses and reminding them that there is a Resurrection that was not so easy.

peace
Frater

D'artagnan said...

I was just thinking, that I feel so close to the folks I see at Stations, or every week when I go to Adoration, and yet I've have never spoken with any of them.

Yours words reminded me, that maybe I should.

Peace,
mike

Anonymous said...

It is true that Jesus went up the mountain to pray, as we read in the Gospels, but he came down and conversed, healed, and lived with people.

Prayers for you today...

Frater