Monday, March 5, 2007

Yes, Lord!

"[May] the Lord lead further and further those who do in
earnest want to live the Joshua [i.e., transformed] life. It
means a daily dying to self and what self wants; a daily
turning to our Master with a "Yes, Lord" to everything, even
to what is most against the grain. May He quicken those who
have not yet begun to live this life to see what they are
missing, before it is too late".
Amy Carmichael (1867-1951)

"Yes, Lord" is a common, although rarely audible, mantra I have adapted over the years, especially in those times when I didn't really wanna do something, but knew I should.

Please pray that I will continue to say it, and more often.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray that I will respond to my Lord
with even half as loud a "Yes" as was yours !


No comments: