Thursday, March 8, 2007

Monk wins Mega-Millions!!!!

O.K., before any of you hit me up for loans, I must confess that I did not in fact win any state lottery - but I did receive a prize of infinite value.

I received the gift of grace, of love, of faith, of forgiveness, of salvation.

I received the ability to see everyone around me with love and compassion; the ability to have joy for others happiness regardless of my own state.

I received adoption into God's own family, and along with my Brother Jesus, can cry out "Abba" to my heavenly Father, as well as pray along with our Blessed Mother Mary.

I received the knowledge that the God of the universe would rather spend three days in hell, than one day in Heaven without this silly, so incredibly undeserving, ex-long hair'd Baltimore boy.

That God is madly, passionately, in love with me!!!! (and you too!)

I am happy for the trucker from Georgia,
but wake everyday knowing I won the more valuable prize.
Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

Frater said...

I won the same prize! It is great sharing my "winnings" with you!

peace
Frater

The Wacky Wannabe Musical Monk said...

then let us continue to Share our "winnings" with everyone!!!

God bless,
mike