Sunday, March 11, 2007

Too Old to Rock n' Roll?

Yes, The Monkster and two lovely girls, are hitting a Rock club tonight.


O.K., the bands we are seeing are Christian (Switchfoot and Copeland), and the girls are actually my wonderful 14 year old niece Largo, and one of her friends. I am taking them as part of the "Coolest Uncle Ever" contest, also known as her birthday present.

It is an All Ages show at a bar/nightclub, not a church, and kudos (along with prayers) to any band who can take the Message to the masses, whether in their lyrics or their example.
(Granted, I personally will be more concerned with the girls' safety and protection, than the rawkin' music)

Back when I was still an atheist, it was actually my own buying of the first Jars of Clay CD, that our Lord used as a way of "knocking on my hearts door".

Mark 2:17 And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "
It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Sometimes it takes a little rawk to break a heart of stone

No comments: