Thursday, March 8, 2007

Tonight - FM Static

I'm in the beautiful Virginia town of Richmond today, and listened to this song about a bazillion times on my ride down, along with C.S. Lewis' reading of The Four Loves. This song definitely embodies the theme of Philia (friendship), as does this sweat lil' homemade high school vid.

Listening to this song, I think about how God has blessed me with some wonderful friends, both past (Vic, Tim, Vince, Laura, Kristin, Mike), and present (Jason, Josh, Jay, Steph, Richard, Paul, Mary). I thank Him that my sister is also my best friend, who is as proud of me, as I am of her.

I also think of my amazing friend John, who left us this time last year,and who I know is praying, along with the saints and angels, for us now. I miss you brother!

Tonight I've fallen and I can't get up
I need your loving hands to come and pick me up
And every night I miss you
I can just look up
And know the stars are
Holding you, holding you, holding you
Tonight
Tonight - FM Static

Warning: this is a perfect pop song, and WILL stay in your head for days (O:


No comments: