Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Affirmations

You Rock!!!!

Are you talkin' to me?

Yep, you do in fact rock!, and God saw every blemish on your face, and on your beautiful soul, when out of perfect and total love, He was pierced for our transgressions.

I have been told that my spiritual gift is that of affirming others, or reminding them of their worth and dignity, of pointing out their strengths, as well as their gifts (I still wish it was turning things to gold . . .but in a way, I guess it is) . Sadly, the one person who I have a hard time affirming is that silly, spare tire equipped, and unshaven guy who frightens me in the mirror every morning.

I am not writing that as an excuse to get free hugs or affirmations myself, although cash is greatly appreciated, but as a reminder to each of you who stumble upon my wacky lil' blog, that not only are you incredibly loved, but that your JOB is to remind others as well, and not just those folks looking gloomy or down hearted, but even those annoyingly peppy folks ya might see who always seem to be happy as they whistle the day away (take it from me, it's likely just the Starbucks or Berger Cookies).

So please just pick some random person today, and tell them about something good that you see in them, or maybe tell them that their smile or laugh brightens your day, or just say "You Rock!"

O.k., seems easy enough, so go forth . . .oh, and repeat tomorrow, and the next day, and the next . . .

In the words of a certain prophetic vegetable
"God made you Special, and He loves you very much!"
.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU rock, Mike! (no cash to give, though.) God has good things in store for you!

D'artagnan said...

sorry, doesn't count if you tell me,
ya still gotta tell someone else

Anonymous said...

your a beautiful man mikey. you make me smile.

D'artagnan said...

well thank you, but really, I know I rock (although with my latest little weight gain, I fear I roll a little too).

You're my hero bud, see ya later!

but ya gotta affirm someone else.I only count for half a point (O: