Thursday, June 28, 2007

But, I didn't really want an answer

.
.
"A deep and genuine concern for other people will remind us that the discovery of truth is not to be a victory for some and a defeat for others. Unless all can claim a share in that victory, truth itself will continue to be rejected by the losers, because it will be regarded as inseparable from the yoke of defeat. And so, confrontation, controversy and the like might yield to a genuine united search for God's truth and how it can best be served."

First, sorry my blogs are a little lacking lately (say that three times fast "little lacking lately", and now ask yer self, why the heck did I just do that? . . .oh, the power of the blog-monkster is growing ), as my blog-love has created another monster, in that I am now responsible for two blogs for my company.

But I digress (as well, as digest, as I just had my morning oatmeal), and now share with you once again my feeling that God is not only very loving, but also prone to a kind of playfulness that one often finds with a Father and His children.

Wednesday, as I have mentioned, is my parish's weekly time of Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament, and where you can always find your monkster between 6 and 8. This is one of my favorite times of the week, although I do sometimes wonder why I don't go to other parishes, or the Shrine, during the week.

My church, like many in DC, is on a circle, which also faces a Baptist church (the church I go to bible study is also on a circle, but with four other churches). Last night the Baptists were rocking out on the lawn, with what I am guessing was the youth group practicing for a July 4th event, and were singing "We Will Worship". I entered St. Anns with a smile, knowing that Jesus was inside, and could hear the sound of his kids' joyful noise from across the street.

To be honest, the music was still audible inside, and even a bit annoying at first, until I had the image of the marble Jesus on the cross, flying off to be with the kids who were singing of their love for Him (no, not a real "image", but a joyful ecumenical thought). After my prayers of thanksgiving (man, I am a lucky guy!, and a very loved one too!), prayers for those who have left us, and prayers for prego friends with ailing moms; I then started asking God what He wanted from me.
"My People"

All I heard was the still small voice repeating that. "My people", with me somehow feeling it did not just mean all people, but the splintered body of Christ that longs to be united. "My people" at this time meant all who call on, and trust in, the Name above all names, the risen Son of God, who longs to have His family together again.

So why aren't we united? Is it doctrine? dogma? musical tastes?, or is it simply Pride?
I kinda am leaning on the pride answer myself, although we may decorate it with doctrine, so as to continue to appear pious . . .but I fear it is Pride (and it's master) that is what keeps us apart.

But Monkster what can unite us?

well that's easy, the answer (in case ya missed the bumper sticker) is JESUS! 'cause no matter how hard we try, if we do it without him, we really are up that stinky creek with out a paddle (or even a boat).

So again I ask you all to pray that God will put the desire for unity in our hearts, as He at the same time destroys the pride in us that keeps us apart.

"I have given them the glory that You gave me,
that they may be one as We are One"
John 17:22
.

No comments: