Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Exercises while Exercising

I wrote previously of a little exercise I had started, of only looking at people from the neck up, as a way of noticing less the wiggling of the opposite sex, or coveting the more toned bodies of the sex I happen to belong to . . .and basically to just learn to see people as Christ would have.

Lately, I have added to that, a little mantra if you will, of saying in my noggin' "My sister" or "My brother" as I pass people on the street. Constantly repeating that, until the truth of it really becomes the truth in me. Rich or poor, beautiful or notso beautiful, athlete or wheel chair bound; everyone I meet is family, and I pray that this exercise will help me develop a more humble heart.

On this, as I was practicing this new little exercise, while also exercising on my bike in lovely Rock Creek Park, a woman who rode by me while I was looking at the image of God in her face and thinking "my sister" , suddenly looked back at me and said "What?"(but kept riding).

I guess I may have been focused a little too much, but also if I had been better prepared, I coulda shoulda responded:
"God Loves you !"
maybe next time (O:
.

No comments: