Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rand and Lewis

As an ex-Ayn Randite, I was a bit curious to see how the filming of Atlas Shrugged was progressing, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the project's screenwriter,Randall Wallace, is also working on the screenplay for the C.S. Lewis' classic "The Screwtape Letters".

Upon further investigation, it seems Mr. Wallace has also written some Christian inspired fiction, which I just might hafta read (but I gots to finish the Athos book first).

But back to Lewis and Rand, it was actually the fact that "Mere Christianity" read like a Christian Ayn Rand essay, that first helped connect my brain to Christ's tugging at my heart. To look even further back, it was actually Miss Rand's "The Fountainhead", that God used to slowly bring me to him. That book challenged me to look more deeply at what the world considered truth, over what I inherently knew was true, and since Jesus IS the Truth, it really was only a matter of time.
.

No comments: