Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Heavy Hearted Wannabe Monk

.
Today was a rather sad day for me, even though it was a rather good one for my job/company. The owner of a minor competitor of ours, due to an upcoming bankruptcy, took his own life last week. All day today, I have been talking to his old customers, who now want to be our customers.

Over and over I had to listen to gossip about "why", and how sad it was, and then ask me "can I get the same discount?". I admit I never knew the man, and naturally I had always wanted to take all of his customers, but just because we were a better company.

Why did this happen?, why aren't we telling people how much they are loved?, why aren't we truly living in that love? Why the heck do I care if someone is Muslim or Jewish, Protestant or Catholic? 'cause He loves each of us the exact same amount! He won't love us more, He won't love us less....just perfect Love!

Anyway, the man's name is Consauri (cun-sar-e), and if you could please lift him, and his family, up in your prayers.....and while yer praying, please ask God if there is anyone in your life that you could be showing His love to.

Let us go out to love and serve . . .as we have been loved and served!
Peace be with you,
mike

No comments: